Four (4) Full-Time Day/Evening Child Care Workers
Atikameg, AB T0G 0C0, Canada
Whitefish Lake First Nation #459 Child and Family Services Society Reunification Home
Reporting to the REUNIFICATION HOME SUPERVISOR of WFLFN#459 Child & Family Services Society REUNIFICATION HOME.
Whitefish Lake First Nation Child and Family Services Children’s Reunification Home (WFLNCFS -RH) is a brand-new program that provides a crisis nursery, emergency care, and family programming to children and their parents. WFLFNCFS-RH is a 24-hour residential program. Our hope is to bring our children and youth back to our home community and reunite successfully with their family and community supports. The Reunification Home is for children and youth from 0 to 17 years old.
The WFLFNCFS - Reunification Home is looking for Four (4) qualified and reliable individuals for Day/Evening Child Care Worker positions. * Compensation will be based on education and experience.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Reports to the Supervisor.
- Provides quality and safe care of infants and children.
- Supervise and monitor the children and youth in the home.
- Work with the family unit and other identified kinship supports.
- Ensures and maintains a safe and nurturing environment.
- Assists children to cope with living at the facility.
- Will be the key worker for children in emergency care.
- Case file management, including treatment planning.
- Case conferencing.
- Individual and group counselling.
- Ensures proper record keeping and documentation.
- Ensure daily schedules and house rules adhered to.
- Following employee policies and procedures and program standards
- Have experience working with First Nation children and youth.
- Must be familiar with child developmental stages.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office: Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- 1st aid/CPR certification (if not, training will be provided).
- Must be professional and reliable.
- Team player.
- Lives a healthy lifestyle.
Qualifications: Certification, diploma, degree in related human services field, such as child and youth care, early childhood, social work, etc,. A combination of education, training, and experience will be considered. Training to be provided before operations begin. Understanding and speaking Cree will be considered an asset.
- Current and valid Alberta driver s license
- Reliable transportation
- Current intervention record checks (within 6 months)
- Current vulnerable sector criminal record check (within 6 months)
How to Apply
Send cover letter and resume to:
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only the individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
UNTIL SUITABLE CANDIDATE IS FOUND