Atikameg, AB T0G 0C0, Canada
Whitefish Lake First Nation #459 Child and Family Services Society
COMMUNITY AND FAMILY CONNECTIONS CAMP
Reporting to the Camp Coordinator/CFS Caseworker for the Community and Family Connections Camp.
The Community and Family Connections Camp has been in operation since 2019; promoting and supporting family and community wellness, through a holistic approach in providing effective and supportive services to our children, youth and families of WFLFN #459, regardless of residency or jurisdiction and to repatriate our children so that they may unite with their families, community, culture, and traditions. The “Camp” is at a remote location on the north shore of Utikuma Lake and is accessible throughout the year (winter road, boat and ATV).
Whitefish Lake First Nation #459 Child and Family Services Society is seeking a qualified and reliable individual for a Supervisor position at the “Camp” to provide oversite of the programming services and delivery. The Supervisor will also have day to day supervision of the “Camp” workers including facilitators and security detail. The successful candidate will be required to remain on-site as needed and be responsible to ensure adequate staffing and the safety and security of participants and guests.
Duties & Responsibilities
-Providing excellent customer service to participants and guests.
- Planning and coordinating program activities and events.
- Working with the Child and Family Services and other community agencies for an integrated approach in meeting participant and community needs.
- Arranging for contractors to deliver land based teaching to children, youth, parents and community.
- Coordinating worker schedules to ensure adequate staffing is continually provided.
- Emergency response: Ability to respond to incident/emergency situations and follow required protocol.
- Report writing and records management.
- Perform regularly scheduled site duties as required by client standard operating procedures
- Keep consistent notes using company issued note book
- Daily shift activity reporting
- Have experience working with First Nation children and youth.
- Must be familiar with behaviour management and ability to de-escalate.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Team Player
- Lives a healthy lifestyle.
Qualifications: High School Diploma or Equivalent with 1 year work related experience. Ability to understand or speak Cree will be considered an asset. **Combination of education, training, and experience will be considered.
Additional Requirements: Current and valid Alberta driver’s license; reliable transportation; cell phone; Intervention Record Check and Criminal Record Check (Vulnerable Record Check) clearances; Submit to an Oath of Confidentiality; be able to pass pre-employment drug/alcohol testing; First Aid/CPR and WHMIS (if not, training will be provided).
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume to
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
UNTIL SUITABLE CANDIDATES ARE FOUND