Whitefish Lake First Nation #459 is a Cree community located in Northern Alberta 63 kilometres north of High Prairie. The First Nation has a land base of 8,300 hectares and approximately 2,700 members (April 2017).
The Nation is affiliated with Kee Tas Kee Now Tribal Council and is part of the Treaty 8 First Nations.
Whitefish Lake First Nation #459 is committed to
- Promote the involvement of First Nation Membership, Elders, Youth and General Membership, in all general discussion and initiatives
- Protection and enhancement of Treaty Rights
- Support and enhance all available Band Programs
- Promote, support and enhance Economic Development on and off Reserve for all Band Members and Band Companies as budgets allow
- Ensure the Safety and Protection of the Membership on First Nation Land
- Preserve the environment on First Nation Land and Traditional Lands
- Support, Enhance, Adhere to and implement all approved First Nation Policies, By-Laws, Codes and Agreements
- Endeavour to provide shelter for all First Nation Membership as per approved Budget